Millions of children around the world have been deprived of the tender warmth of a mother’s touch and the loving serenity of a father’s care. At innocent and playful young ages, these children have been quickly forced to mature into early adulthood fending for survival, and in many cases, caring for younger siblings.
Those children are not at a small number in Vietnam and HCMC. At the Montessori International School of Vietnam, our donation, charity and volunteering work have reached out to the needy children of the Christina Noble Foundation Center located at 38 Tu Xuong, Dis 3, and of Hoa Mau Don Orphanage and Shelter located 25/30 Doan Gioi, Son Ky Ward, Tan Quy District.
At the HMD Orphanage beside all donations, we have enrolled a full time teacher to offer daily class for children from 1.5-6 yrs.
We appreciate any support or participation you can provide to help us continue our effort to make the children’s lives better in these two places.
No gift is too small and all gifts are greatly appreciated.
There are a number of ways in which you can support us:
- Financial contribution (mainly to pay for the salary of the teacher for HMD)
- Household furniture, fixtures and fittings (fans, cupboards and table and chairs for HMD)
- Learning/teaching materials (for HMD
- Your time and skills (volunteering work for HMD)
- Second hand electronic appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, etc. (for CNFC)
- Toys, learning materials and child care items (for CNFC)
- Dry food (for CNFC)
Whether it’s a one-off or something you do on a regular basis, volunteering is good all round. As well as making a positive contribution to the happiness of others, it’s a great way to meet people and increase your own happiness and wellbeing. Volunteering is a great way to contribute your time and skills to a cause close to your heart. You can volunteer on your own, with friends and family or with work colleagues, and make a difference in your community.